Fall and winter in Vegas means
Las Vegas December concerts & shows recede until NYE
Looking to extend your fall or take a break from the onslaught of winter storms? Explore the nightlife in some of the nation’s finest December weather. While temperatures can touch the 30s, the sunny skies and crisp air make for a pleasant atmosphere for vacationers to tour town and be entertained by shows, concerts, fireworks, and New Year’s Eve events.
Las Vegas New Years EVE 2018
Las Vegas throws what is, by most accounts, one of the nation’s largest New Year’s Eve celebrations, second only to the Times Square ball drop in New York City. More than 400,000 people are projected to ring in 2018 on the Las Vegas Strip, which is closed to traffic from Russell Road to Sahara Avenue beginning at 6 p.m., from Mandalay Bay to the Stratosphere. This three-mile stretch of Las Vegas Boulevard turns into what could only be described as the world’s largest street party, complete with fireworks and noisemakers.
Vegas clubs host the world’s hottest DJs, for most clubs, few nights are bigger than New Year’s Eve, and they bring the talent to match as well as many special packages such as open bar (you typically pay a flat-rate to drink for a few hours). For more information about New Year’s Eve nightclub events, click here (link will be activated soon!).
Those looking to avoid the pandemonium that will unravel on the Strip might feel more at home at Las Vegas’ Downtown Countdown, where the Fremont Street Experience hosts live tribute bands. Beware, just because you go downtown doesn’t mean you’ll avoid chaos or crowds.
Best Locations to Watch the Fireworks
- 1. High Roller - Take it all in 550 feet above the strip (see party packages)
- 2. SkyFall Lounge - the 64th level of Delano offers the perfect lookout.
- 3. Marquee nightclub - Get a great birds-eye view in the middle of the strip
- 4. Stratosphere hotel - Best spot to view from north end of the strip
- 5. Foundation Room - A perfect spot on top of Mandalay
Las Vegas Shows Performing New Year's Eve
Get the schedule for permanent shows such as Cirque du Soleil that are performing over NYE Weekend. Compare the best prices before booking.
Biggest New Year's Eve Weekend Concerts & Events
- UFC 219 - T-Mobile Arena - 12:00 am - 30
- Jay Leno - Mirage - 10:00 pm - 30
- Celine Dion - Caesars Palace at 7:30 pm - 31
- Britney Spears - Axis at Planet Hollywood 9 pm - 31
- Maroon 5 - Mandalay Bay 7 pm - 31
- Bruno Mars - Park Theater, Monte Carlo 9 pm - 31
- Vegas Golden Knights vs. Toronto - T-Mobile Arena -31
Las Vegas New Year's Eve 2018 Open Bar Party Packages
Many more New Year's Eve (NYE) party packages still need to be confirmed. We expect to have some special discount deals in the next few weeks so check back often. All packages require you to be 21 or older. If you have any questions about the below packages, make sure to leave a comment at the bottom of this page.
Marquee, Tao & Lavo Open Bar Packages
Tao Group is renowned for putting on the best NYE parties. This year experience Gucci Mane, Juicy J or French Montana.
Pre-sale tickets include:
- 2 hours premium open bar
- 3 hours of heavily passed hors d’oeuvres
- Champagne toast at Midnight
New Year's Eve Bridge Party
Las Vegas is one of the only places where you can guzzle down liquor on city streets. With open container laws working in your favor, New York New York's Brooklyn Bridge might be your best bet for celebration this New Year's Eve. After all, you can't beat a party that takes place in the middle of the action! Enjoy The Park's artistic atmosphere as you celebrate the start of 2018 in Vegas' version of The Big Apple! Tickets start at $187.25 and include an open bar and a spot to view fireworks from the Strip.
The High Roller NYE Party Packages MAP
The High Roller New Year’s Eve party packages range from $150 to $500. All packages include an on board Midnight Champagne toast and priority boarding.Raise The Stakes Ticket: $150 per guest
- Upper Mid-Wheel Midnight Firework Viewing
- Up to 30 Guests Per Cabin
Let It Ride Ticket: $350 per guest
- Upper-Tier Midnight Firework Viewing
- Up to 25 Guests Per Cabin
- Open Bar
- Pre-Party with open bar, appetizers, and a DJ starting at 10:00 p.m.
All in Ticket: $500
- Top-Tier Midnight Firework Viewing
- Up to 25 Guests Per Cabin
- Open Premium Bar
- VIP Pre-Party with open premium bar, catering, live music, and entertainment starting at 9:30 p.m.
- 1 VIP Parking Pass
2018 Hard Rock Cafe - New Year's Eve Party MAP
The Hard Rock Cafe on the Strip will ring in 2018 with a special party. Attendees will be treated to a front-row view of the fireworks celebration from the restaurant's covered patio overlooking the Vegas Strip. The celebration includes live music by Groove Martini and DJ Jewel Pearson, a premium open bar, a wide variety of appetizers, party favors, and a midnight champagne toast. The party kicks off at 9 p.m. and tickets are $195 per person.
Eiffel Tower NYE Experience, Paris Hotel MAP
Countdown to 2018 from Las Vegas’ own 460-foot recreation of the Eiffel Tower. Must be 21 or older. To book, call Caesars Attractions Sales at (702) 322-0537.
Ticket: $250 per guest
- Midnight fireworks viewing
- 1-hour open bar
- Midnight Champagne toast
- Remembrance photo
- 1 parking pass
Stratosphere NYE Party Packages MAP
New Year’s Eve marks the time for the Stratosphere to shine. With seven different events, this year is no exception. Apart from the “After Party,” all of the below packages include party favors are a great place to experience the fireworks at midnight. Packages don't include taxes or gratuities.Best Effen Celebration – Skylounge.
10 p.m. to 4 a.m.
Tickets: $199 per guest
- 2-Hour Open Bar Featuring Effen Vodka – 10pm to Midnight
Skyline Spectacular – Observation Deck
9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
Tickets: $250 per guest
- 3-Hour Unlimited Premium Brand Open Bars
- Martini Luges, Chef's Specialty Food Stations
- Go-Go Dancers & Performance Artists
- Champagne Toast
- Admission to Ultimate Patrón After Party
VIP Tower Party
9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Tickets: $350 per guest
- 4-Hour Unlimited Premium Open Bar
- Chef's Specialty Food Stations
- Admission to Skyline Spectacular Party
- Performance Artists, Party Favors, Champagne Toast, and Fireworks at Midnight
- Includes Admission to Ultimate Patrón After Party
Ultimate Patrón After Party -
11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Tickets: $40 per guest
- DJ E-Noc, DJ Stephi K and DJ Quira
- Go-Go Dancers, Performance Artists
Gilley's NYE Party - T.I. Hotel MAP
Gilley’s saloon rings in 2018 with a honky tonk twist starting at 9:00 p.m. Tickets are $25 each and include 1 premium cocktail, beer, or wine. For $150 you can get an open bar and appetizer package that runs 9:00 p.m. - midnight. Call (702) 894-7369.
Disco Inferno - The Orleans Hotel MAP
Disco Inferno will get the party started inside the Mardi Gras Ballroom. Tickets start at $77 and include open bar, hors d’oeuvres, and party favors. Contact box office for tickets at (800) 745-3000.
Las Vegas New Year's Eve Parties
2018 NYE Downtown Fremont Street Experience MAP
Las Vegas prides itself on the most memorable New Year’s Eve experience this side of Times Square. Fremont Street turns the one-nighter into a five-day affair, giving you the most memorable, yet most forgettable New Year’s ever. Tickets are not yet on sale, so check back soon. Last year, tickets will start at $40.
New Year's Eve Celebration at Lake Las Vegas MAP
Revelers looking to escape the madness of the Strip may find their perfect New Year’s at Lake Las Vegas. Details yet to be released, but look for live music, free fireworks, and special menus.
Suncoast Hotel Showroom MAP
Vegas Super Band performs covers from pop stars like Bruno Mars. Tickets start at $37 and can be purchased from the Suncoast box office at (702) 284-7777.
The Cannery Hotel & Casino MAP
Voted best R&B band in Las Vegas, In-A-Fect performs covers of artists like Usher, Earth Wind & Fire, and Bruno Mars. Tickets are priced from $50 to $75. Contact box office (702) 507-5700.
NYE Fireworks Viewing Party at The Ice Rink, Cosmopolitan (to be confirmed)
Last year, the rooftop ice rink offered party packages that included an open bar. More details coming soon.
Quick Tips for New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas
Be prepared to open your wallet. New Year’s Eve is the most popular night of the year to visit Vegas. It’s also its most expensive. Hotels can be triple or quadruple their usual costs. Covers for nightclubs start around $100 for males and go up from there (many include complimentary drinks and a champagne toast). Even Uber and Lyft rides surge to 300, even 400 percent.
Book early. Shows, concerts and hotels will be very limited by Christmas.
Plan your evening around midnight. You will need to get into a casino, bar, or club before December 31, 11:00 p.m. if you don’t want to wait for them to re-open their doors on January 1, 12:30 a.m.
Be 21. While Las Vegas can offer fun for the whole family, New Year’s Eve is not the time to come if you’re not of legal drinking or gambling age. Those under 21 are not allowed in gambling areas or nightclubs. Anyone under 18 is not allowed on the Strip without a parent or legal guardian after 6:00 p.m. You must be 21 to be a part of Fremont Street’s Downtown Countdown.
Dress appropriately. Even though Las Vegas weather will seem warm compared to where most people are traveling from, the desert gets cold and breezy at night. Your short-sleeve shirt and backless dress and high heels will seem like a good idea until you realize tiptoeing through a sea of 330,000 people with half your body exposed will leave you frozen and sore.
For men, the colder nights offer a great opportunity to showcase your sophisticated side in a suit or sport coat. You might even want an overcoat to go with it. Double check your feet. Much like ladies’ heels, men’s dress shoes that haven’t been broken in or are poorly designed will feel horrible after a half-hour of walking. Pick shoes you can dance in. Wear thick socks.
Ladies: heels, club wear, and cocktail dresses look great inside. But women who frequent Vegas will advise bringing a coat to cover yourself while outside. Carry a bag with a small set of flats for walking the Strip, and change into your heels when you get to your party destination.
Things To Do in December
December in Las Vegas continues where November ends. Weather is still cool. Nightlife is moderate. Cowboys continue their two-month Sin City invasion, reminding visitors from around the globe that with its Western roots, Vegas is still wild at heart.
Though perhaps not as heavily advertised as its rival, PBR, the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association is the world’s oldest and largest rodeo-sanctioning body. From December 7–16, UNLV’s Thomas and Mack Center hosts their National Finals Rodeo, where you can watch men ride horses bareback, teams rope steers, and women race horses through a barrel course. Performances are at 6:45 p.m. each evening.
The cooler winter weather also affords visitors the chance to attend bars and clubs dressed to the nines. Unlike the peak season, you won’t roast traveling from casino to casino in your favorite sport coat. And who knows, win enough money at the less-crowded blackjack tables, and you may finally spring for a James Bond-esque dinner jacket.
Shows, Events & Concerts in December
Because of the National Finals Rodeo, the first half of December features a myriad of country and western-themed events. George Strait returns to T-Mobile Arena on December 8 and 9. Late 90s and early 2000s country star Gary Allan plays at The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel those same nights. Blue-collar comedian Ron White continues his brand of crass, cultural commentary with performances at the Mirage (12/8/17–12/9/17, 12/15/17–12/16/17). Resident country superstars Reba and Brooks and Dunn hold extra shows during the month’s first week.
Those in town for the rodeo will want to check out Cowboy Christmas, from December 7–16, at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Exhibitors include hatters, cobblers, saddlers', leather workers, and just about any seller of Western clothing in America.
Pop superstar Lady Gaga brings her brand of glitzy electronic dance music to Las Vegas’s T-Mobile Arena on December 12. After the rodeo leaves town, the concert schedule returns to normal. Britney Spears resumes the stage at Planet Hollywood. Boys II Men headline a string of Christmas weekend shows.
New Year’s Eve revelers who come to town early may want to check out either Celine Dion or Britney Spears, both of whom have shows on December 30.
December Events & News More news
TAO Group is getting ready for their biggest
December Headliners Show more
December Vegas Headliners & Concerts
- 12/11/2017 Holiday Havoc: The Killers, Bleachers & Joywave Pearl Concert Theater At Palms Casino Resort Buy Tickets
- 12/12/2017 Vegas Golden Knights vs. Carolina Hurricanes T-Mobile Arena Buy Tickets
- 12/12/2017 Eddie Griffin The King's Room - Rio Hotel Buy Tickets
- 12/13/2017 Eddie Griffin The King's Room - Rio Hotel Buy Tickets
- 12/13/2017 Lionel Richie The Axis at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 12/13/2017 Alabama Encore Theatre At Wynn Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/13/2017 Dwight Yoakam The Chelsea - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/14/2017 Vegas Golden Knights vs. Pittsburgh Penguins T-Mobile Arena Buy Tickets
- 12/14/2017 The Drums Brooklyn Bowl - Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/14/2017 Mariah Carey Caesars Palace - Colosseum Buy Tickets
- 12/15/2017 Bill O'Reilly & Dennis Miller Caesars Palace - Colosseum Buy Tickets
- 12/15/2017 Lionel Richie The Axis at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 12/15/2017 Alabama Encore Theatre At Wynn Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/15/2017 Steel Panther House Of Blues - Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/15/2017 Ron White Terry Fator Theatre - Mirage Buy Tickets
- 12/15/2017 Dierks Bentley The Chelsea - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/16/2017 Thigh Voltage - Tribute to AC/DC House Of Blues - Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/16/2017 The Descendents Brooklyn Bowl - Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/16/2017 Lady Gaga T-Mobile Arena Buy Tickets
- 12/16/2017 Mariah Carey Caesars Palace - Colosseum Buy Tickets
- 12/16/2017 Lionel Richie The Axis at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 12/16/2017 Alabama Encore Theatre At Wynn Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/16/2017 Ron White Terry Fator Theatre - Mirage Buy Tickets
- 12/16/2017 Dierks Bentley The Chelsea - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/16/2017 Brian Newman House Of Blues - Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/17/2017 Vegas Golden Knights vs. Florida Panthers T-Mobile Arena Buy Tickets
- 12/17/2017 Mariah Carey Caesars Palace - Colosseum Buy Tickets
- 12/17/2017 Rocky Horror Show House Of Blues - Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/18/2017 Eddie Griffin The King's Room - Rio Hotel Buy Tickets
- 12/18/2017 Mark Shunock The Joint At Hard Rock Hotel & Casino - Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/19/2017 Eddie Griffin The King's Room - Rio Hotel Buy Tickets
- 12/19/2017 Vegas Golden Knights vs. Tampa Bay Lightning T-Mobile Arena Buy Tickets
- 12/19/2017 DJ Quik & Scarface House Of Blues - Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/19/2017 Britney Spears The Axis at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 12/20/2017 Eddie Griffin The King's Room - Rio Hotel Buy Tickets
- 12/20/2017 Mariah Carey Caesars Palace - Colosseum Buy Tickets
- 12/22/2017 Boyz II Men Terry Fator Theatre - Mirage Buy Tickets
- 12/22/2017 Mariah Carey Caesars Palace - Colosseum Buy Tickets
- 12/22/2017 Lindsey Stirling The Chelsea - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/22/2017 A Drag Queen Christmas House Of Blues - Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/22/2017 Under The Streetlamp Showroom - The Orleans Hotel Buy Tickets
- 12/23/2017 Vegas Golden Knights vs. Washington Capitals T-Mobile Arena Buy Tickets
- 12/23/2017 Boyz II Men Terry Fator Theatre - Mirage Buy Tickets
- 12/23/2017 Persian Stars: Ebi, Shahram Solati & Andy Madadian MGM Grand Garden Arena Buy Tickets
- 12/23/2017 Under The Streetlamp Showroom - The Orleans Hotel Buy Tickets
- 12/23/2017 Sasy, Behzad Leito & Eddie Attar House Of Blues - Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/24/2017 Boyz II Men Terry Fator Theatre - Mirage Buy Tickets
- 12/24/2017 Persian Stars: Dariush, Shahmehr Aghili & Faramarz Aslani MGM Grand Garden Arena Buy Tickets
- 12/24/2017 Louis Yan The Chelsea - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/27/2017 Britney Spears The Axis at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 12/28/2017 Misfits & Alkaline Trio MGM Grand Garden Arena Buy Tickets
- 12/28/2017 Led Zepagain - Led Zeppelin Tribute House Of Blues - Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/28/2017 Britney Spears The Axis at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 12/29/2017 Zac Brown Band The Chelsea - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/29/2017 Dizzy Wright Brooklyn Bowl - Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/29/2017 Joe Rogan Terry Fator Theatre - Mirage Buy Tickets
- 12/30/2017 UFC 219: Cris Cyborg vs. Holly Holm T-Mobile Arena Buy Tickets
- 12/30/2017 Maroon 5 Mandalay Bay - Events Center Buy Tickets
- 12/30/2017 Celine Dion Caesars Palace - Colosseum Buy Tickets
- 12/30/2017 The Dan Band House Of Blues - Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/30/2017 Duran Duran The Chelsea - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/30/2017 3LAU Brooklyn Bowl - Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/30/2017 Bruno Mars Park Theater - Monte Carlo Buy Tickets
- 12/30/2017 Britney Spears The Axis at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 12/30/2017 Jay Leno Terry Fator Theatre - Mirage Buy Tickets
- 12/31/2017 Vegas Golden Knights vs. Toronto Maple Leafs T-Mobile Arena Buy Tickets
- 12/31/2017 Paint The Quarter Gold House Of Blues - Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/31/2017 Maroon 5 Mandalay Bay - Events Center Buy Tickets
- 12/31/2017 Celine Dion Caesars Palace - Colosseum Buy Tickets
- 12/31/2017 Bruno Mars Park Theater - Monte Carlo Buy Tickets
- 12/31/2017 Britney Spears The Axis at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 12/31/2017 Pennywise House Of Blues - Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/31/2017 Ja Rule & Ashanti Brooklyn Bowl - Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 12/31/2017 Foo Fighters The Chelsea - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas Buy Tickets
Upcoming Nightclub Events
Lavish Vegas Guides
Las Vegas Trip Planner
- Need help planning your Las Vegas getaway in December?
- Want to find the best deal on a hotel or show?
- Want free guest list at a nightclub?
Leave a comment for your Lavish Vegas concierge.