Las Vegas shows, concerts & clubs gain momentum as March Madness & Nascar attracts tourists.
For many tourists, March holds Las Vegas’ best weather, with sunny skies and balmy temperatures hovering between the 50s and 70s that mark the beginning of tourist season. The month also features two of Las Vegas’ most-touted sporting events, 2018’s NASCAR Weekend and March Madness. Each brings their own devoted fanbase and accompanying concerts and entertainment.
St. Patrick’s Day 2018
Though the city does not get as crazy as other holidays, Las Vegas still attracts St. Patrick’s Day revelers looking to celebrate the national drinking day someplace warm. Because St. Patrick’s Day falls on a Saturday in 2018, expect more crowds than usual, particularly at the Irish bars spread throughout Las Vegas.
Best Irish Bar for St. Patrick’s Day Fun
For those looking for a memorable Vegas experience, we recommend heading to O’Sheas Casino and Bar at the Linq, where the Guinness flows and shots of Jameson seem never-ending. Patrons will be decked in shamrock green and with beer pong, cornhole, and blackjack, you’ll never get bored.
Best Bar to See an Irish Band
Nine Fine Irishmen at the New York New York is the Strip’s most accessible, most lively Irish pub. Even on non-Irish holidays the place features live music, dancing, and decent pub grub. Warning: it will be crowded, and they will likely charge a cover on St. Patrick’s Day.
Best Place to Escape the Festivities
Just as in every American city, virtually every bar will be crowded on St. Patrick’s Day, particularly with it falling on a weekend night. That being said, if you’re looking to avoid the chaos, consider harboring out at the Strip’s classier cocktail lounges, most of which price out the mid-March madness.
NASCAR Weekend 2018
NASCAR comes to Vegas the weekend of March 2–4, 2018, bringing racing fans from across the country eager to watch the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series live. The action starts Friday with the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. Events continue Saturday with the Boyd Gaming 300 (named for the Fremont Street casino owners) and conclude Sunday with the Penzoil 400. While most of the action takes place at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, hotels all over town will fill up. Book early to get the best deals.
Racing and exotic car fans who want to test their mettle around a track should check out one of Las Vegas’ driving experiences, all of which are located right next to the speedway.
March Madness 2018
For any major American sporting event, Las Vegas is the nation’s preeminent place for betting on the action. College basketball’s finals weeks are no exception. Save for a college town with a horse in the final races, perhaps no city is more exciting for grabbing a round of beers and watching the best teams in the U.S. compete for the championship.
Most Vegas bars and strip clubs offer food and drink specials while you watch the games. In particular, sports bars and casino bars in hotels with sports betting can be the most fun as you’ll hear swarms of fans and gamblers cheer or lament every free throw and every three-pointer (depending on who they want to win).
March Madness 2018 overlaps with St. Patrick’s Day. The first week takes place from Tuesday, March 13, through Sunday, March 18. Action really heats up during the regional finals, the weekend of March 22-25. Expect the city to be packed. Reports say that 98 percent of hotel rooms on the Las Vegas Strip were booked during the first weekend of March Madness, so use our hotel deals page page to find something on the cheap early.
Best Things to Do in March
Vegas offers plenty for those who aren’t necessarily fans of racing or basketball.
- Drink FREE in Las Vegas: Lucky for you, LavishVegas knows where all the special events are that include free drinks and open bars. These free offers are at some of the hottest clubs and bars on the strip. Events are added without much notice. Check our bar page before and during your visit. Login with your Facebook account to review the special offers.
- Nightclubs: World-class DJs also return to clubs at this time, so if electronica or hip hop is your thing, dancing your game, check out one of Sin City’s renowned nightclubs. March is a great time to order bottle service as prices tend to be lower and hosts more willing to negotiate deals. Need help navigating the Vegas club scene? Fill out a form on our trip planner.
- Pool Parties: With weather warming, spring breakers can head to Vegas for sun and relaxation in any of its renowned pools, as most hotel pools and day clubs start to open. Check Pool Party Calendar.
- Be a Tourist: As with any cool to warm month in Las Vegas, March is a great time to walk around the Strip and take photographs of the unique architecture. Use our Strip map to navigate Las Vegas Boulevard and to find all the best bars and restaurants nearest you.
- Local Culture: For a taste of the local counterculture, check out First Friday on March 3, when local artists and musicians get together in Las Vegas’ Art District for booze, conversation, music, food, and dancing.
Shows, Events & Concerts in March
Jennifer Lopez continues her newest award-winning act, “All I Have,” throughout March at Planet Hollywood. She performs her greatest hits supported by a five-piece live band and sixteen dancers. Axis Theater is the only place in North America to see her live.
After a three month hiatus, multi-platinum-selling artist Lionel Richie returns to the Axis at Planet Hollywood throughout March. Expect the four-time Grammy winner to play his unforgettable hits in what magazines dubbed one of Vegas’ best shows.
Stoner rock legends 311 come to Monte Carlo’s Park Theater March 10 and 11. Tickets are available for either night or as a two-day pass.
March is also the heart of hockey season. Be a part of the Golden Knights inaugural season and check out a game at T-Mobile Arena.
March Vegas Headliners & Concerts
- 03/01/2019 Gwen Stefani Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 03/02/2019 Gwen Stefani Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 03/06/2019 Gwen Stefani Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 03/08/2019 Gwen Stefani Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 03/09/2019 Gwen Stefani Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 03/13/2019 Gwen Stefani Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 03/15/2019 Gwen Stefani Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 03/16/2019 Gwen Stefani Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets