Las Vegas welcomes its best weather of the year and comes alive for Halloween
As October sets in, the strip starts to slow down to a more comfortable pace. It’s a great time to find hotel deals & flight packages for a relaxing getaway, but be prepared to party in Vegas come Halloween. Keep in mind, while hotel rates are competitive, some pools may be closed near the end of the month.
Shows, Events & Concerts in October
Backstreet Boys – The boyband continues their residency at Planet Hollywood’s Zappos Theater before wrapping up their run in 2019.
Christina Aguilera – After years away from the road, Christina is back on stage, bringing her Liberation Tour to the Colosseum at Caesars Palace on October 27.
Blink 182 – The pop-punk icons continue their “Kings of the Weekend” residency, playing shows October 26-27 inside the Pearl Theater at the newly remodeled Palms Casino Resort.
Jimmy Buffett – Parrotheads and margarita fans won’t want to miss Jimmy Buffett and The Coral Reefer Band on October 20 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
Ozzy Osbourne – October is shaping up to be a great month for metal fans. The Prince of Darkness teams up with Stone Sour for one-night-only at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on October 13. Ozzy swears it’s his final tour, but he said the same thing back in 1992.
System of a Down – The multi-platinum nu-metal band comes to the T-Mobile Arena on Friday, October 19.
Lionel Richie – The R&B singer and songwriter winds down his “All the Hits’ residency at Planet Hollywood. His final shows are on select dates Oct. 3-20.
Boyz II Men – The soulful trio have become longtime Vegas favorites. Their residency continues at the Terry Fator Theater inside the Mirage.
Reba and Brooks and Dunn – This dream match-up for country fans returns to the stage at the Caesars Palace Colosseum.
Comedy: The Terry Fator Theater continues to welcome the world’s top comedy stars. Ray Romano, David Spade, Daniel Tosh and others will be back throughout the month.
NHL Hockey: After proving the skeptics wrong and reaching the finals in their debut season, the Vegas Golden Knights are ready to take to the ice again. The team’s home opener is at the T-Mobile Arena on October 4 against the Flyers.
NBA Basketball: Get a jump on the NBA season as the Los Angeles Lakers take on the champion Golden State Warriors October 10 at the T-Mobile Arena. The preseason exhibition game could be an early chance to see LeBron James as a Laker.
Halloween Weekend Parties & Events
As the country’s capital of dressing scandalously and acting devilishly the other 364 days each year, Halloween in Vegas provides some serious next-level entertainment.
- Hit the Nightclubs for Halloween: Party with some of the sexiest ghouls and goblins while enjoying performances from your favorite EDM artists, including Kaskade at Hakkasan, The Chainsmokers at XS and Steve Aoki at Jewel during Halloween week.
- Fetish and Fantasy Halloween Ball: If you’re in search of the “sexiest place on Earth,” the Fetish and Fantasy Ball at the Hard Rock always delivers. Going 23 years strong, this Halloween extravaganza features hot DJs and performers as well as plenty of wild outfits on October 27. Maxim Magazine once dubbed the party “one of five events to attend before you die.”
- Fright Fest at Fremont Street Experience: Between October 5th to October 31st, October Fright Fest combines the very best of Oktoberfest and Halloween for a monster party complete with live entertainment and specials. Costumes are encouraged, and you’ll want to stick around for nightly light shows set to favorite Halloween tracks.
- Downtown Pub Crawl: Halloween action isn’t limited to the Strip! For a small cover charge, you can take your very best Halloween attire with you and take part in a bar crawl. Dates and times will be confirmed soon.
- Final Ride Hearse Car Show: If pop culture relics pique your interest, be sure to check out famous movie cars at the Final Ride Hearse Car Show at the El Cortez Hotel and Casino. Dates and times will be confirmed soon.
- The LINQ: The outdoor promenade and High Roller observation wheel will be decked out with a Halloween theme and taken over by zombies for part of the month.
More parties and events will be added when confirmed. Stay up to date with our Halloween Party and Events Guide.
Haunted Attractions in Las Vegas
For even more spooks, check out these exciting haunted attractions around the Las Vegas Valley.
- Mandalay Bay: The Shark Reef aquarium will welcome guests into their dark and eerie Haunted Shark Reef from October 26th to 28th.
- Freakling Bros. Trilogy of Terror: If you pride yourself on being the least-frightened of the pack and think you can stay strong in the face of all things evil, try Freaking Bros, Trilogy Terror in the west valley on select dates between September 29 and October 31. After signing a consent form and deciding how much fear you can handle, it’s time to make your way through three highly interactive haunted houses, including the R-rated Gates of Hell.
- Fear The Walking Dead Survival: For Walking Dead fans and thrillseekers alike, this walk-through horror attraction combines an escape room with a maze, video game, haunted house and motion simulator. Inspired by AMC’s The Walking Dead, this wild ride has enough freaks to rival the cast of characters outside on Fremont Street.
- Springs Preserve Haunted Harvest: Share the holiday spirit with the entire family at Springs Preserve, where carnival games, live entertainment and a petting zoo are among the Halloween treats. The Haunted Harvest is accessible for tricksters of all ages. Dates and times: Oct. 12-14, 19-21, 26-28, 2018, 5-9 p.m.
- HallOVeen at Opportunity Village: Ghosts and goblins of all ages are welcome to hop aboard a mini coaster, enchanted carousel and other rides at this family-friendly “Magical Forest.” If you’re feeling competitive, you can even take on the other members of your crew in a round of mini golf during HallOVeen’s run between October 13th and 31st.
Food and Drink Festivals
- Las Vegas Food & Wine Festival: The outdoor event unfolds over two nights, October 5-6, at Tivoli Village with some of the best Vegas bars and restaurants handing out samples. The fun gets underway at 9pm both nights (with early bird access for VIP tickets at 8pm).
- The RiSE Festival: Gather in the desert near Jean and join thousands of people in unleashing lanterns into the sky. It begins in the afternoon with music performers, 12 food trucks and a market selling beer, wine and snacks. Choose one of two dates: October 5 or 6.
- Wine & Food Experience: The Las Vegas Festival grounds near Las Vegas Blvd. and Sahara will host a massive culinary dine-around with special guest Martha Stewart. It runs 1-4pm on Oct. 13.
- Motley Brews Downtown Brew Festival: More than 60 local and regional breweries will serve more than 200 beer samples at the Clark County Government Amphitheater on October 20, 5-9pm (with 4pm VIP entry).
Things To Do Outdoors in Las Vegas in October
Get some inspiration for your Halloween cat costume at Siegfried and Roy’s Secret Garden at The Mirage. October provides perfect weather for visiting white lions and tigers, black panthers, exotic birds and bottlenose dolphins at the outdoor exhibit. If you’re lucky, you will get a chance to meet Siegfried Fischbacher, who visits the habitat often to greet guests and snap photos with them.
If exploring the desert is more your speed, take a ride with Las Vegas ATV Tours. Enjoy the adrenaline of riding the sand dunes and navigating canyon trails without the overbearing heat from summer.
Free Things To Do in October
- Stroll the Strip: If your luck just ran out at the tables or you need to burn some calories from the buffet, one of the best ways to enjoy Vegas for free is to walk up and down the Strip and visit the hotels. The mild weather is perfect in October. Be sure to use our interactive Las Vegas Strip Map to find walk times, restaurants, bars and activities. Consider starting at Aria and tour the CityCenter complex. Next, wander over across Harmon Blvd to see the opulent Cosmopolitan resort and try a pick-up game of pool on the third floor. Finally, get a good spot in front of the Bellagio fountains and wait for the next interval of the water show before heading inside the resort to see the latest seasonal flower display at the Conservatory and Botanical Gardens.
- First Friday: First Friday is an art and food festival that takes place on the first Friday of every month within the Downtown Arts District. Live music, dancing and food trucks gather at this popular celebration of local culture. October’s event will be held on the evening of Friday 5th, 6-10 p.m.
Free Drinks in Las Vegas
Las Vegas is not an easy place to find cheap drinks. Lucky for you, LavishVegas works with groups that hold special events that include free drinks and open bars at some of the hottest clubs and bars on the strip. These events are added without much notice, so check our bar page before and during your visit. Login with your Facebook account to review the special offers.
Don’t miss out on all the October fun! If you do, it might come back to haunt you.
October Vegas Headliners & Concerts
- 10/01/2019 Aerosmith Park Theater at Park MGM Buy Tickets
- 10/02/2019 Christina Aguilera Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 10/03/2019 Aerosmith Park Theater at Park MGM Buy Tickets
- 10/04/2019 Billy Idol Pearl Concert Theater At Palms Casino Resort Buy Tickets
- 10/04/2019 Christina Aguilera Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 10/04/2019 Ray Romano & David Spade Terry Fator Theatre - Mirage Buy Tickets
- 10/05/2019 Christina Aguilera Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 10/05/2019 Billy Idol Pearl Concert Theater At Palms Casino Resort Buy Tickets
- 10/05/2019 Ray Romano Terry Fator Theatre - Mirage Buy Tickets
- 10/06/2019 Aerosmith Park Theater at Park MGM Buy Tickets
- 10/08/2019 Aerosmith Park Theater at Park MGM Buy Tickets
- 10/09/2019 Billy Idol Pearl Concert Theater At Palms Casino Resort Buy Tickets
- 10/11/2019 Billy Idol Pearl Concert Theater At Palms Casino Resort Buy Tickets
- 10/11/2019 Gwen Stefani Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 10/11/2019 Bill Maher Terry Fator Theatre - Mirage Buy Tickets
- 10/12/2019 Billy Idol Pearl Concert Theater At Palms Casino Resort Buy Tickets
- 10/12/2019 Gwen Stefani Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 10/12/2019 Bill Maher Terry Fator Theatre - Mirage Buy Tickets
- 10/16/2019 Gwen Stefani Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 10/17/2019 Lady Gaga Park Theater at Park MGM Buy Tickets
- 10/18/2019 Gwen Stefani Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 10/19/2019 Lady Gaga Park Theater at Park MGM Buy Tickets
- 10/19/2019 Gwen Stefani Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 10/20/2019 Lady Gaga - Jazz & Piano Park Theater at Park MGM Buy Tickets
- 10/23/2019 Lady Gaga Park Theater at Park MGM Buy Tickets
- 10/23/2019 Gwen Stefani Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 10/25/2019 Christian Nodal House Of Blues - Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 10/25/2019 Lady Gaga Park Theater at Park MGM Buy Tickets
- 10/25/2019 Gwen Stefani Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 10/25/2019 Ron White Terry Fator Theatre - Mirage Buy Tickets
- 10/26/2019 Lady Gaga - Jazz & Piano Park Theater at Park MGM Buy Tickets
- 10/26/2019 Gwen Stefani Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 10/26/2019 Ron White Terry Fator Theatre - Mirage Buy Tickets
- 10/30/2019 Santana House Of Blues - Las Vegas Buy Tickets
- 10/30/2019 Gwen Stefani Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood Buy Tickets
- 10/31/2019 Lady Gaga Park Theater at Park MGM Buy Tickets