The AXIS at Planet Hollywood is home to big acts such as Britney Spears and Jennifer Lopez, and come 2017 they’re about to get even larger than life with the residency that has Las Vegas buzzing. The Backstreet Boys, who is the best selling boy band in music history, will have their first performance on March 1, 2017. “Backstreet Boys: Larger than Life” will run for a total of 18 shows during a trial residency.
Backstreet Boys Las Vegas Showtimes
- Wednesday January 31st, 2018 at 9:00 pm
- Friday February 2nd, 2018 at 9:00 pm
- Saturday February 3rd, 2018 at 9:00 pm
- Wednesday February 7th, 2018 at 9:00 pm
- Friday February 9th, 2018 at 9:00 pm
- Saturday February 10th, 2018 at 9:00 pm
- Wednesday February 14th, 2018 at 9:00 pm
- Friday February 16th, 2018 at 9:00 pm
- Saturday February 17th, 2018 at 9:00 pm
The Backstreet Boys consists of five talented men: Nick Carter, A.J. McLean, Howie Dorough, Kevin Richardson, and Brian Littrell. They were formed over a decade ago in 1993 in Orlando, Florida. They have sold over 130 million albums worldwide. While many other boy and girl bands have disbanded for various reasons after their catapult to fame, the Backstreet Boys remain unique in that they have not only stayed together but that their music grew with them and they are now just as, if not more, popular than ever before.
“Larger than Life,” the song from which their residency gets its name, was first written and performed back in 1999 from their third album Millennium. It was written as a ‘thank you’ of sorts for their fanbase’s dedication and love. “We’re going to call the show ‘Larger Than Life,’ and we’re taking that theme and we’re going to run with it,” band member, Richardson, said.
Tickets went on sale on October 1 with general admission tickets starting at $39.