Las Vegas September concerts & shows take spotlight after Labor Day Weekend
Finally, after temperatures in the 100s for the past 3 months, Vegas starts to cool down in September. While you may still get leftover summer heat at the beginning of the month, Vegas is now set at a more comfortable weather for more things to do than just partying… did we really just say that?
Both the Strip and downtown teem with people, so book early to find the best deals on hotels.
Labor Day Weekend – September 1-3 2018
Labor Day weekend officially marks the end of summer, and next to Memorial Day and July 4, ranks as one of Las Vegas’ busiest weekends. Nightclub and dayclub prices skyrocket as partying shifts into top gear. If you’re not prepared for the chaos or not ready to spend the cash, you may want to wait for a quieter weekend.
Clubbing Tips for Labor Day Weekend
Partiers looking to skip the lines should plan on spending big bucks on a table or a cabana. As summer comes to a close, nightclubs and dayclubs fill up quick with weekend warriors looking to catch the end of hot days and warm nights. Buying tickets in advance is always recommended for gents that don’t want to combat the crowds.
Shows, Events & Concerts in September 2018
- Shakira: Las Vegas is one of the Colombian pop star’s stops on her El Dorado World Tour.
- Jennifer Lopez: The Latina diva remains one of Vegas’ most popular acts and continues to take the stage at Planet Hollywood.
- Santana: Catch one of the few guitar virtuosos to win multiple Grammy awards at the House of Blues.
- Comedy: Known for his comedy both praising and poking fun of Mexican-American culture, George Lopez continues his act at the Mirage.
Deals in September
Las Vegas Shows
MGM Resorts is currently offering Summer show discounts. Book in advance and get a great show ticket deal.
Things To Do in September
Beginning in the middle of September, hospitable temperatures return to the desert, and the city starts to attract the more outdoorsy tourists.
- Traditional: Those interested in more traditional sightseeing experiences: walking the Strip, Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon tours, and Lake Meade cruises.
- Adrenaline: For those looking for something that can offer more adrenaline, consider a hot-air balloon ride, ATVs, or one of the many racing packages.
Life is Beautiful 21-23
or a full blown artistic and musically enlightening adventure, experience the Life is Beautiful festival. The event takes place in downtown Las Vegas during summer’s last days (September 21-23). The 2018 lineup includes: Arcade Fire, Florence and the Machine, The Weeknd, Travis Scott, N.E.R.D., Tyler the Creator, Justice, St. Vincent, CHVRCHES, Death Cab For Cutie, Santigold, Blood Orange, Miguel, Lizzo, First Aid Kit, Superorganism, and Hinds. The hard work that has been put into downtown over the past decade contributes to the growing success of the festival. Tickets are now on sale. Last year, the 3-day general admission passes went fast at $285 a pop. Ticket prices go up as the festival draws nearer.
The iHeartRadio Music Festival – 21-22
iHeartRadio Music Festival is a star powered event closing out the Las Vegas summer that boasts the biggest names in music across the globe. The two-day event will feature the following performers on two stages. Justin Timberlake, Jack White, Fleetwood Mac, Carrie Underwood, Jason Aldean, Mariah Carey, Imagine Dragons, Jason Aldean, Sam Smith, Luke Bryan, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Panic! at the Disco, Kelly Clarkson, Shawn Mendes, Kygo, Rae Sremmurd, Logic and Childish Gambino.
Free Things To Do in September
September is a also great time to check out downtown’s most recent developments. Head to Fremont East for the new wave of bars and restaurants that are constantly multiplying in this area.
- Free Drinks in Las Vegas: Las Vegas is not an easy place to find cheap drinks. Lucky for you, we work with groups who hold special promotions such as discounted drinks or “open bar” events. These events are added without much notice, so check our bar page before and during your visit. Login with your Facebook account to review the special offers.
- Downtown Container Park: Travel three minutes further east on Fremont, and look for the new Container Park, a unique, open-air shopping center made of shipping containers that features free live music, boutique shops, restaurants, and a fire-breathing mantis.
September Vegas Headliners & Concerts
- 09/06/2019 Elton John T-Mobile Arena Buy Tickets
- 09/06/2019 Bill Maher Terry Fator Theatre - Mirage Buy Tickets
- 09/07/2019 Elton John T-Mobile Arena Buy Tickets
- 09/07/2019 Bill Maher Terry Fator Theatre - Mirage Buy Tickets
- 09/13/2019 Iron Maiden MGM Grand Garden Arena Buy Tickets
- 09/20/2019 Kathleen Madigan Terry Fator Theatre - Mirage Buy Tickets